Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Overdiagnosis and overtreatment of prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 1046-1055
- U.S. preventive services task force. Screening for prostate cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 120-134
- Mortality results from the Göteborg randomised population-based prostate-cancer screening trial.Lancet Oncol. 2010; 11: 725-732
- Screening and prostate cancer mortality: results of the European Randomised Study of Screening for Prostate Cancer (ERSPC) at 13 years of follow-up.Lancet. 2014; 384: 2027-2035
- Comparison of percent free PSA, PSA density, and age-specific PSA cutoffs for prostate cancer detection and staging.Urology. 2000; 56: 255-260
- Prevalence of prostate cancer among men with a prostate-specific antigen level < or =4.0 ng per milliliter.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 2239-2246
- Outcome following active surveillance of men with screen-detected prostate cancer. Results from the Göteborg randomised population-based prostate cancer screening trial.Eur Urol. 2013; 63: 101-107
- Natural history of early, localized prostate cancer: a final report from three decades of follow-up.Eur Urol. 2013; 63: 428-435
- A multicenter study of [-2]pro-prostate specific antigen combined with prostate specific antigen and free prostate specific antigen for prostate cancer detection in the 2.0 to 10.0 ng/ml prostate specific antigen range.J Urol. 2011; 185: 1650-1655
- Prostate health index density improves detection of clinically-significant prostate cancer.BJU Int. 2017; 120: 793-798
- The added value of percentage of free to total prostate-specific antigen, PCA3, and a kallikrein panel to the ERSPC risk calculator for prostate cancer in prescreened men.Eur Urol. 2014; 66: 1109-1115
- The role of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging/ultrasound fusion biopsy in active surveillance.Eur Urol. 2017; 71: 174-180
- Diagnostic accuracy of multi-parametric MRI and TRUS biopsy in prostate cancer (PROMIS): a paired validating confirmatory study.Lancet. 2017; 389: 815-822
- Can clinically significant prostate cancer be detected with multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging? A systematic review of the literature.Eur Urol. 2015; 68: 1045-1053
- Role of magnetic resonance imaging in prostate cancer screening: a pilot study within the Göteborg randomised screening trial.Eur Urol. 2016; 70: 566-573
- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging guided diagnostic biopsy detects significant prostate cancer and could reduce unnecessary biopsies and over detection: a prospective study.J Urol. 2014; 192: 67-74
- Prospective study of diagnostic accuracy comparing prostate cancer detection by transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsy versus magnetic resonance (MR) imaging with subsequent MR-guided biopsy in men without previous prostate biopsies.Eur Urol. 2014; 66: 22-29
- Predictive value of negative 3T multiparametric prostate MRI on 12 core biopsy results.BJU Int. 2016; 118: 515-520
- Active surveillance for prostate cancer: current evidence and contemporary state of practice.Nat Rev Urol. 2016; 13: 205-215
Mohler JL, Antonarakis ES, Armstrong AJ, et al. NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology-prostate cancer (2.2017). Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/prostate.pdf. Accessed April 10, 2017.
Mottet N, Bellmunt J, Briers E, et al. EAU-ESTRO-SIOG guidelines on prostate cancer - 2016. Available at: https://uroweb.org/wp-content/uploads/EAU-Guidelines-Prostate-Cancer-2016.pdf. Accessed January 13, 2017.
- Active surveillance monitoring: the role of novel biomarkers and imaging.Asian J Androl. 2015; 17 ([discussion:883]): 882-884
- Magnetic resonance imaging in active surveillance of prostate cancer: a systematic review.Eur Urol. 2015; 67: 627-636
- Further reduction of disqualification rates by additional MRI-targeted biopsy with transperineal saturation biopsy compared with standard 12-core systematic biopsies for the selection of prostate cancer patients for active surveillance.Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2016; 19: 283-291
- Can MRI/TRUS fusion targeted biopsy replace saturation prostate biopsy in the re-evaluation of men in active surveillance?.World J Urol. 2016; 34: 1249-1253
- Role of multi-parametric magnetic resonance image and PIRADS score in patients with prostate cancer eligible for active surveillance according PRIAS criteria.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2016; 96: 459-469
- In-parallel comparative evaluation between multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging, prostate cancer antigen 3 and the prostate health index in predicting pathologically confirmed significant prostate cancer in men eligible for active surveillance.BJU Int. 2016; 118: 527-534
- Magnetic resonance imaging targeted biopsy improves selection of patients considered for active surveillance for clinically low risk prostate cancer based on systematic biopsies.The J Urol. 2015; 194: 350-356
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging for prediction of insignificant prostate cancer in potential candidates for active surveillance.Eur Radiol. 2015; 25: 1786-1792
- Magnetic resonance-invisible versus magnetic resonance-visible prostate cancer in active surveillance: a preliminary report on disease outcomes.Urology. 2015; 85: 147-153
- Focal therapy for prostate cancer.in: Wein A. Kavoussi L. Partin A.W. Campbell-Walsh urology. 11th edition. Elsevier, Amsterdam2015: 2712
- Upgrading and downgrading of prostate cancer from biopsy to radical prostatectomy: incidence and predictive factors using the modified Gleason grading system and factoring in tertiary grades.Eur Urol. 2012; 61: 1019-1024
- Combined multiparametric MRI and targeted biopsies improve anterior prostate cancer detection, staging, and grading.Urology. 2011; 78: 1356-1362
- Use of serial multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging in the management of patients with prostate cancer on active surveillance.Urol Oncol. 2015; 33 (202.e1–7)
- Serial magnetic resonance imaging in active surveillance of prostate cancer: incremental value.J Urol. 2016; 195: 1421-1427
- The efficacy of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance imaging targeted biopsy in risk classification for patients with prostate cancer on active surveillance.J Urol. 2016; 196: 374-381
- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and MRI-transrectal ultrasound fusion biopsy for index tumor detection: correlation with radical prostatectomy specimen.Eur Urol. 2016; 70: 846-853
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging for local staging of prostate cancer: a diagnostic meta-analysis.Eur Urol. 2016; 70: 233-245
- The predictive value of endorectal 3 Tesla multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging for extraprostatic extension in patients with low, intermediate and high risk prostate cancer.J Urol. 2013; 190: 1728-1734
- Comparing 3-T multiparametric MRI and the Partin tables to predict organ-confined prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.Urol Oncol. 2014; 32: 1292-1299
Carroll PR, Parsons JK, Andriole G, et al. NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology prostate cancer early detection, version 2.2016. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/prostate_detection.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed November 16, 2016.
National Collaborating Centre for Cancer (UK). Prostate cancer: diagnosis and treatment. Cardiff (UK): National Collaborating Centre for Cancer (UK); 2014 Jan. (NICE Clinical Guidelines, No. 175.). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK247469/pdf/Bookshelf_NBK247469.pdf. Accessed March 15, 2017.
- Active surveillance for prostate cancer compared with immediate treatment: an economic analysis.Cancer. 2012; 118: 3512-3518
- Utilizing time-driven activity-based costing to understand the short- and long-term costs of treating localized, low-risk prostate cancer.Cancer. 2016; 122: 447-455
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of multiparametric MRI with increased active surveillance for low-risk prostate cancer in Australia.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2016; 198: 540
- Clinical implications of a multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging based nomogram applied to prostate cancer active surveillance.The J Urol. 2015; 193: 1943-1949
- Use of the prostate health index for detection of prostate cancer: results from a large academic practice.Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2017; 20: 228-233
- The prostate health index adds predictive value to multi-parametric MRI in detecting significant prostate cancers in a repeat biopsy population.Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 35364
- INNOVATE: a prospective cohort study combining serum and urinary biomarkers with novel diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging for the prediction and characterization of prostate cancer.BMC Cancer. 2016; 16: 816
- Current use of PSMA-PET in prostate cancer management.Nat Rev Urol. 2016; 13: 226-235
- Advancement of MR and PET/MR in prostate cancer.Semin Nucl Med. 2016; 46: 536-543
Financial Disclosures: Research grant from Profound Medical Corp (K.J. Macura).